- The City
- Perito Moreno Glacier - traditional excursion
- Perito Moreno Glacier - Safari Boat
- Navigation All Glaciers
- Minitrekking on the Moreno Glacier
- Big Ice
- Alice or El Galpon or Nibepo Aike Stays
- City Tour and Walichu Caves
- Horse riding in Patagonia
- 4 x 4 Tours. Outdoor Mil.
- The India Dormida Road
- Regular Service to El Chalten (Chalten Travel)
Populated by Tehuelches Indians for thousands of years. Towards the twentieth century the area began to gain value when the Europeans discovered their large tracts of land suitable for sheep farming. This spot outside the Calafate stream was one of the places that connected the mountains to the coast.
The town of El Calafate celebrates on February 15th, the founding date of the Argentine Lake, but its real foundation is dated on December 7th, 1927, when a decree of the National Government assigned to the town five hundred hectares to the south of the Santa Cruz River on Argentine Lake.