- The city
- A journey through the lives of great figures in Argentine history, in politics, literature, music, sports, art and icons of national culture.
Born in the province of Buenos Aires on October 8, 1895. At age 16 he entered the Military College and did a brilliant achievement in the military ranks. In the late 1930s served for Italy as an observer and witness the success of the fascists and the Nazis. Became interested in history and philosophy, and published several papers on these topics.
Participated on the military plot to overthrow the civilian government of 1943, and took a leading role in the military regime took power, as Secretary of Labor and Social Welfare. Then in 1945, became Vice President and Minister of War, made a bit of a visibility maoy and popular support, especially the working class, the famous "descamisados" and in the army, which was admired and had great authority.
Entered in 1945, early in October, Perón was lifted from its peusto through a civilian-military uprising. But the October 17 of that year, Perón was released thanks to strong pressure from the union workers gathered for its beautiful and enterprising mistress, Eva Duarte. That same night since he balcony of the Casa Rosada, or Government House, Perón gave a speech to more than 300,000 people in the village where he promised to lead the nation to victory, and make it a fair and strong. This powerful speech was broadcast by radio throughout the country. Days later, and Eva Perón married. Rioja quein was she helped lead Argentina in the years that came after. In 1946, Perón won the eleccionescon 56% of the votes.
The working class was the one that was privileged during his administration, as the country headed into a course of industrialization and economic interventions favoring workers, giving increases, benefits and favors. Besides trains and nationalized finance large public works. Moreover, his first Perón government based on a doctrine known as PJ, a strong, contrary to U.S. capitalism and Communism in Britain. So what emerged in Argentina and Perón named as claimed third position.
Then in his second term as president in 1951, changed some of its policies, but the country was in suemrgido corruption, oppression and inflation. After the death of his wife, Eva Peron in 1952 not only, but all the people were hurt, ultimately it was her who was behind all his presidential campaign. Perón was finally overthrown by an uprising of the army and the army and sent to Paraguay on September 19, 1955. Instalarese ended up in Madrid where he met his third wife, Maria Estela Martinez, Argentine dancer, whom he married in 1961. Spain continued to remain as leader of the Peronist, so your memory is not gone and that his regime was the best, because the regimes that followed, both civilian and military, after being deposed in 1955, could save the country from the crisis in the swimming.
In 1971, General Alejnadro Lanusse seized power with the aim of restoring democracy and allow the participation of parties polítcos. Therefore Perón was invited to return. Back in November 1972 for a short time but in March 1973, the Peronist party won elections in October and, once they had returned home again for the third time he was elected president of the nation.
Perón died on July 1, 1974 leaving his wife, who had no experience in politics, as President.
- Eva Duarte de Perón: Popularly known as "Evita," was born in 1919 in Los Toldos, Buenos Aires. Determined to be an actress, at age 14 she moved to the capital of Buenos Aires and by the time she met Juan Domingo Peron in 1944, working in radio. His role was decisive with the crowds in the appearance of Perón on October 17, 1945, five days after they got married.
A woman of great power and importance in history, left its mark on its way through the Argentine history devotedly loved by the working class and greatly hated by the anti-Peronist. He directed programs for charity and welfare, had a substantial role in the scheme and his career came to peak when he met Franco and Pope Pius XII during his visit to Europe during the war. In 1952, Eva dies of cancer, the city was in mourning, almost sanctified after her death, several cities were dedicated to it.
Then in 1955, during the military government whose body was hidden by the military in Milan until 1973. Today his tomb is in the Recoleta Cemetery in Buenos Aires.
Although he claimed to be Uruguay and all their documents so they recognize it as the Tacurembó born December 11, 1887, the scholars differ between them. Some argue that it was French, who was Uruguayan.
He grew up in the suburbs of the city, known as "the little French" or "morocho of Supply, where he sang for a few coins in the cafes or restaurants in the Abasto. Came to form their own duo in 1912, with Francisco Martino, later in 1913, becomes a quartet with the addition of Saul Salinas and José Razzano, but do not last more than a few months, keep the Gardel-Razzano duo that lasted until 1925 year in which ends and Gardel began his career in the field of tango.
Gardel began to travel, to be recognized, is gaining the respect and adulation of the people in the world. In Spain she recorded several albums, singing in Paris with Josephine Barker, a great actress at such times, in a festival to benefit. While growing up her career as a singer did as an actor, working for Francis in Deffilipis "Peach Flower" and "The wolf" in Buenos Aires in France recorded "Wait" and "The house would be" until Paramount puts you in touch with Alfredo Le Pera, who became her manager, the author of all the scripts and the lyrics sung by Gardel. Finally in the U.S. film, "Melody de Arrabal", "El Tango en Broadway", "The day I want" and "Tango Bar".
The name of Gardel began to resonate in Latin America, he crahshed and for Girls rather tah you doinglove mre I cannot do. Touron June 24, 1935, at the airport in Medellin, Colombia, Jan. him the plane was traveling crashed into another aircraft parked on the track causing a horrific fire. Gardel and his companions, Le Pera and guitarists Guillermo Barbieri Riverol and Sunday, and the rest of the passage, seventeen people die. Will survive only with severe burns on the third guitarist José María Aguilar and two other passengers. The body of Carlos Gardel is repatriated, and a crowd attends his wake at Luna Park, and accompanies by Corrientes to Chacarita, where it is installed, pen shape rovisoria in the Pantheon of Artists. After a year and a half, built a mausoleum to honor him with a bronze statue of natural size showing smiling Gardel, discovered by Francisco Canaro.
Although the accident took the life of Gardel physics, this great tango singer, dancer and actor immortalizes his name and his life, and live like a legend, an icon of tango. Carlos Gardel was, is and will be, the essence of tango.
Born in Buenos Aires on August 24, 1899, learned English before the Castilian as his grandmother was of British origin, which was bilingual from childhood. In 1914 he moved with his family to Geneva, where Borges made his high school until 1918 and began writing his first poems in French. Three years later, in 1921, the Borges family returned to Buenos Aires, and the young George discovers the city of Buenos Aires and began to write poetry, publishing his first book in 1923, "Fervor de Buenos Aires". In 1924, publishes literary journals and two books, "moon face" and "Inquisiciones. In 1925 Borges was already considered an excellent and outstanding young leader in the literary field. He began to write stories about the suburbs, the tango, the fights between men, as "Man of the Esquina Rosada." On the other hand, begins to write fantasy and magic, becoming one of the largest and most prestigious writers of the twentieth century. Stories as we can name: The Garden of Forking paths that (1941), Ficciones (1944), El Aleph (1949), Death and the Compass (1951), The Brodie (1970), The Book of Sand (1975) .
Borges died in Geneva, Switzerland on June 14, 1986.
- Brilliant intellectual Argentine writer and intellectual, born in Brussels, Belgium on August 26, 1914. It is recognized as one of the most innovative and original writers, the master of short story, the prose and the story soon. In Buenos Aires there is a square located in Honduras and Serrano that bears his name, as well as several schools. Cortázar imposed a new form of literature, broke with the diagrams, time lines and incorporated characters with psychological depth and autonomy, never seen before. It is often compared to Jorge Luis Borges, Anton Chekhov and Edgar Allan Poe. He died in Paris, France on February 12, 1984. Some of his works are: Bestiary, 1951 (stories) Awards, 1960 (novel); Stories Cronopios and FAMAS, 1962 (Miscellaneous) Letter to a lady in Paris, 1963; Rayuela, 1963 (novel), The Highway South, 1964, All Fires the Fire, 1966 (stories). The copyright of several of his works were donated to help the political prisoners from various countries, including Argentina.
- NCID the March 11, 1924 in Mar del Plata. At the age of nine years, his father gave him a bandoneon and began studying for the eleven years he composed his first tango "Step by step towards the 42" and twelve years old he was playing on the radio WMCE, Mozart , Bach, Rossini, among other greats. For the thirteen and played very well the bandoneon, served as Canillita in the movie "The day I want" and what is played in the orchestra that accompanied Gradel in that movie. In Buenos Aires he worked for several orchestras, to act and to be with Miguel Caló bandoneonist of Anibal Troilo. That was how Astor Piazzolla became one of the most brilliant Bandoneonist exist and also was director, composer and arranger, with a global recognition. For the year 1946 ran its own set Piazzolla, tango revolutionized the history of avant-garde movement started, was one of the most important and prominent musicians who had to give our country to the world. Some of his greatest hits are: "Balada para un loco", various issues to the tango, for example, "China Wall", the four parts of "Press" and the music of several films, "Adiós Nonino" (a tribute to his father ), "Winter Aires, Buenos Aires Zero Hour," "Revolutionary", "Portrait of Alfredo Gobbi, Kicho, Sidereal," "What will come," "Fracanapa, Decarísimo, Calambre" "Nonino", "Tango del Angel", "Contrabajísimo", "Milonga Loca," "Pygmalion," "The same penalty, Menefrega" (the latter three with Homero Expósito), some waltzes like "Chiquilín of Bachín" .
- Antonio Berni, one of the greatest representatives of the social art, born in Rosario, Santa Fe in 1905 and died in Buenos Aires in 1981. Famous and successful painter, illustrator and muralist. His works can be viewed at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes. One of its most prominent and was recognized Juanito Laguna.
- Quinquela Benito Martin, who was portrayed as any other neighborhood of La Boca, the port and its people. Renowned painter, writer, and muralist. Born in Buenos Aires in 1890 and died in 1977. Some of his works were seen at the Museum peuden Quinquela Martin.
Born on December 2, 1905. From a very boy he learned to play the flute and the nine and played the violin. He discovered that his real instrument was the piano while studying at the conservatory and began to write simple tangos until in 1924 came "remember." Years later, in 1939 he introduced his band at the Café El Nacional, which follows the style of Julio and Francisco De Caro, but chopped and dance mark a turning point in the music of tango. He recorded "The Yumba" in 1946.
This accepted, respected and brilliant pianist, conductor and composer died after a short illness in 1944 to 89 years in Buenos Aires.