Update your browser
ir al contenido
Located in 9 de Julio Avenue and Corrientes Avenue, Plaza de la República. Opened on May 23, 1936. Alberto Presbisch was the architect of this monument, which was at first rejected but became the most emblematic monument of the city, which represents us to he world. Built in memory of the fourth centenary of the first founding of Buenos Aires.
The special thing about it is taht on its four faces, it tells events of great importance in the history of Argentina: The arrival of Pedro de Mendoza in 1536, the Foundation of the City on June 11, 1580, the federalization of Buenos Aires in 1880, the first time that Argentina's flag hoisted on the tower of the Church of St. Nicholas of Bari in 1812.
It has 72 meters in height and a base of 49m square. It has 206 steps leading to four windows, from where you get the best views of downtown.
Monumental Tower. It is the tourist information center in Buenos Aires. Opened in 1916 in Retiro at Avenida del Libertador and Ramos Mejía. Known in its origins as the Englishmen Tower.
Monument to Julio Argentino Roca. Diagonal Sur and Peru.
Julio Argentino Roca, President of the Republic twice, pioneer of the battles of Cepeda, Pavón, the Campaign to the desert and the war in Paraguay. Minister of war who lived from 1843 until 1914. This monument was built in 1941 by José Zorrilla de San Martin in his honor, with two marble sculptures representing Labor and Homeland.
Monument to the Spanish. Avenida del Libertador and Avenue Sarmiento.
A very porblematic monument to be built, but after many obstacles it was eventually finished on May 25, 1927. Inaugurated with the name "The Magna Carta and the Four Argentine Regions". It was a memorial gift by the Spanish Republic in the centenary of the May Revolution.
Its architect died a year after completing the sketches, followed by Cipriano whosuffered the same tragedy. After a wreck caused by transporting the materials to finish it was delayed even more. Materials had to be ordered again. Replicas which were ready in 1918 and to complete the monument.
Monument to Carlos Gardel, located in the Chacarita cemetery (Guzman 670). In honor of this great icon of the tango, is placed a lit cigarette in his right hand and a bouquet of carnations on the left.
The Cemetery was established because of the yellow fever epidemics that devastated the city.
Monument to the national ballet. Plaza Lavalle, on Calle Libertad, between Tucuman and Lavalle.
In memory of Norma Fontenla, Joseph Neglia and his fellow dance who died in a plane crash in Rio de la Plata. Monument built by the Charles F. and Ezekiel Cárcova Cerrato and opened in 1972.
Monument to Juan Galo Lavalle, participate in the battles for independence and political and military, a descendant of the conqueror of Mexico, Hernan Cortes. It is a monument of 18 meters high, designed by Pietro Costa. Opened in 1887 in Plaza Lavalle, opposite the Palace of Tribunals and a few meters from the Teatro Colon.
Monument "Canto al Trabajo", created by Rogelio 'Yrurtia' on Av Paseo Colón 800. It comprises 14 human figures in bronze.
Yaguareté del Parque Chacabuco, located in House and Emilio Miter. Carved in 1935 by Emilio Sarniguet and recovered in the early nineteenth century was again located in Parque Chacabuco.
Los Andes Monument, located in the district of Chacarita Plaza between Los Andes, Av Corrientes, Av Jorge Newbery, Guzmán y Av Dorrego. Created by Luis PERLOTTI represents people Calchaqui, Tehuelche and Ona.
Little Red Riding Hood Monument, designed by famed French sculptor Jean Carlus. Acquired by the City in 1937 and located in Av del Libertador and Sarmiento, Palermo neighborhood.
Source Monument to Don Pedro de Mendoza. Parque Lezama, between Brazil and Defense, in the neighborhood of San Telmo. Design by Juan Carlos Oliva Navarro Pedro de Mendoza appears where nailing his sword on the floor and a wall of marble figures indigenous stands behind him. What this monument is intended to represent the Spanish conquest of the land, also has two sites that represent the Guadalquivir River and the Paraná River, from where he started to where the expedición.Ianugurado ended June 23, 1937.
Monument to Eva Perón, located at Evita Square, Av. del Libertador and Agüero, in the neighbourhood of Recoleta. In it we read: "She knew how to dignify women, give protection to the children and the old, renouncing to her honors". "She wanted to be just Evita for ever, eternal in the people´s soul, improving the human conditions of the humbles and workers, fighting for social justice". Created by the argentine sculptor, Ricardo Gianetti, who dedicated the monument to her in the following way: "To Maria Eva Duarte de Peron", "Legacy of light, flagpole and flag"(right lateral), "Anthem of honor and exaltation" (left lateral). Inaugurated on december 6th, 1999.
Monument to Gral. C. M. Alvear, one of the great argentine figures. Helper of San Martin, President of the Assembly of the year XIII and Supreme Director of the United Provinces of La Plata river in 1815. Designed by Antonio Emilio Bourdelle.
Generic Floralis. Located at the United Nations Square, between Av. Figueroa Alcorta and Austria. A monument that represents all flowers in a general way. The aim of its creation was, for its designer Eduardo Catalano, show what a flower meant to him. He considered it "a synthesis of all flowers and at the same time it is a hope that is reborn every day when it opens". Donated to the Government of the city in 2002. Its automatic console in the base is programmed to make the flower open every day at eight in the morning and close at sunset.
Nereidas Fountain. South riverside.
A sculpture which was strongly criticized and rjected in the beginning. Today it is a National Historic Mounument. Work of the sculptress Lola Mora who donated her creation in 1903. It represents the Venus Goddess, who is the goddess of love and beauty, coming up from under the sea, helped by newts and nereidas.
May Pyramid, located at Plaza de Mayo, it was the first patriotic monument, inaugurated on May 25, 1811, a year after the freedom of the country. In 1856, it was added to the pyramid the Statue of Liberty made by Priliano Pueyrredón.
Monument to the two Congresses. Two Congresses Square; behind Av. Entre Ríos and to the side of Rivadavia street.
In memory to the Assembly of the XIII year and to the Congress of Tucuman in 1816, Jules Lagae and Dhuicque designed this monument, which consits on a female figure standing in the center of the monument and symbolizes the victorious republic. The laurel branch in her right hand means vistory and the plow guide in her left one means work. We can all see an almost naked man between aquatic plants who is waving to the raising sun and with the other hand he is holding firmly the paddle. At last, on the margins there are two men pouring water symbolizing the Parana and Uruguay rivers. Surrounding the sculpture there are horses, condors and species of animals, The monument won an award in Rome for its impressive architecture.